Online Instruction - Group Classes
There are two kinds of group classes:
1. Guo Juan's Go school formed online group classes (weekend online workshops):
Group A: 1 Dan - 5 Dan
Group B-1: 1 Kyu - 10 Kyu
Group B-2: 1 Kyu- 10 Kyu
Group C: from 11 Kyu
Minimum 6, maximum 8 students per group.
Groups A and B-1 meet on Saturdays.
Groups B-2 and C meet on Sundays.
There are 8 lessons each term, one per week, 90 minutes each. The 9th weekend there is a simul teaching game with live commentary.
2014 term 1: January 11/12 to March 1/2 Registration started
2014 term 2: April 12/13 to June 1/2
2014 term 3: September 27/28 to November 15/16
SUMMER TIME: Group A (1d - 5d): GMT 15:00 – 16:30 (Paris time 5:00pm - 6:30pm) Group B-1 (1k - 10k ): GMT 16:30 – 18:00 (Paris time 6:30pm - 8:00pm) Group C (from 11k): GMT 15:00 – 16:30 (Paris time 5:00pm - 6:30pm) Group B-2 (1k - 10k ): GMT 16:30 – 18:00 (Paris time 6:30pm - 8:00pm) WINTER TIME: Group A (1d - 5d): GMT 16:00 – 17:30 (Paris time 5:00pm - 6:30pm) Group B-1 (1k - 10k): GMT 17:30 – 19:00 (Paris time 6:30pm - 8:00pm) Group C (from 11k): GMT 16:00 – 17:30 (Paris time 5:00pm - 6:30pm) Group B-2 (1k - 10k): GMT 17:30 – 19:00 (Paris time 6:30pm - 8:00pm)
Here is a time zone converter.
Here's a link for help with daylightsaving Time.
- Internal competition - students play one game per week with another member of their class (not during the class time). All the games will be reviewed by the teacher during the class time. If you have questions on your games, you can ask during the classes.
- A small lecture each class.
- Homework will be assigned weekly.
- Winners and second places of each group competition play a simul teaching game (2 hour maximum) with Wang Jiankun 7p. Guo Juan gives live comments during the games to all students.
- Guo Juan 5p (lessons and game reviews + organization)
- Young Sun Yoon 8p (lessons and game reviews)
- Jennie Shen 2p (lessons and game reviews)
- Wang Jiankun 7p (simul games for competition winners)
- MingJui 7p (lessons and game reviews)
- Dai JunFu 8d (lessons and game reviews)
Private room on KGS -> room list -> lessons -> GuoJuanGoSchool-GroupClass
One week before the class start. Classes fill up, so register early.
To register, send an email to email@example.com.
- Your name
- Your KGS account
- Your level
- Which semester you wish to enter
- Payment method (Bank or Paypal)
- Your account on our Pro Lecture site.
- Where you live.
- Your time zone if you know it (eg. GMT-8)
2. Self formed group classes
If you prefer to study together with your friends, we offer group lessons for self formed groups and also for Go clubs. You are welcome to contact us for details.
Class size: Minimum 2, maximum 10 students per group.
Class duration: 90 minutes
135 Euros per term per person
This covers class instruction, game reviews, home work, and competition prizes (simul).
Current students get a 20% discount on our Pro Lecture Library Year Membership. You are also welcome to watch the other classes.
You can check the current currency rate.
Payment Methods -> Please pay in Euros.
- PayPal (preferred method for outside of Europe): Use the PayPal link below.
- Credit Card: Follow the PayPal link below and use your credit card.
- Bank (preferred method for inside of Europe):
ING Bank Amsterdam
5263923 J. Guo
Please pay only after Guo Juan confirms your registration.
You do not need a paypal account - you can also pay by credit card by following this link.